Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting). Whisk together the whole wheat flour, soy flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda, tapioca starch, and salt in a bowl until blended; set aside. How To Make Vegan Carrot Cake You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
Finely grated carrots meld seamlessly into the cake, while larger pieces create a chunkier, less uniform texture. For tender, cohesive cake slices, grate the carrots on the small holes of a box grater or on the smallest setting of the grating attachment on your food processor. Perfectly moist and studded with raisins, this vegan carrot cake is sweetened with dates and banana and gets its rich flavor from cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. You can cook Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) using 22 ingredients and 0 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting)
- You need of Cake:.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of flour (Half spelt, half all-purpose flour).
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (melted) coconut or canola oil.
- It’s 2 cups of grated carrots, medium-packed.
- You need of Frosting:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw macadamia nuts (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- You need 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
A blender is used to grind the oats into a flour and combine the liquid ingredients, then the batter is mixed by hand to avoid overbeating. Vegan carrot cake ingredients Making a traditional carrot cake egg-free and dairy-free is relatively straightforward. Unlike with eggless vegan white cake, where replacing the structure from eggs is important, carrot cakes are more forgiving. Simply removing the eggs and adding some extra leavening does the trick.
Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) step by step
This vegan carrot cake is one of my favorite go-to desserts. It's my partner's favorite cake so II find myself making it pretty frequently. Lucky for me, though – it's super easy to make. It only takes one bowl to mix all the ingredients and the whole cake can be made in one morning. The cake is dense yet fluffy, and the cream cheese frosting is a beautifully rich and creamy way to finish off the cake.