Spongy and moist chocolate cake. This is Very moist and spongy chocolate cake. This is really yummy delicious cake and very enjoyable to eat. Give it a try, bake your own.
Take a medium sized bowl, which is to be put in the microwave for baking. The Chocolate Roll Cake is a moist cake with tender crumbs. If you'd like to get crumb-free, clean cuts, refrigerate the cake overnight before slicing. You can have Spongy and moist chocolate cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spongy and moist chocolate cake
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of self raising flour.
- Prepare 3/8 of (almost half) cup of cocoa.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of Buttermilk =3/4 cup of milk+a tbsp of vinegar/lime/lemon juice.
- It’s 3/4 cup of hot coffee(hot water+1 tsp coffee).
- Prepare of For the frosting :.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/5 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk if too thick and add powdered sugar if very light.
This from-scratch recipe for Chocolate Roll Cake (Banh Cuon Chocolate) makes moist, spongy chocolate cake swirled around a light and fluffy. This is my favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe. With a super moist crumb and fudgy, yet light texture, this chocolate cake recipe will soon be your favorite too. Top with chocolate buttercream and chocolate.
Spongy and moist chocolate cake instructions
- Preheat oven. Using a hand mixer or a whisk beat the eggs one by one completely in a bowl.
- Add sugar and whisk until the mixture is fluffy. *The fluffiness brought about by the eggs is the key to an airy and spongy cake so make sure your eggs are beaten thoroughly *.
- Whisk in oil, then add salt and vanilla essence and whisk..
- Mix in buttermilk then add cocoa powder and whisk.
- Start mixing in the flour bit by bit until you obtain a slightly thick consistency.
- Mix in the hot coffee gradually until you obtain a nice light consistency(not extremely light).
- Transfer the batter in an oiled baking tin and bake for 50 min at 170° or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- This batter being light, it's advisable to have a parchment paper at the bottom of your tin before pouring the batter in the tin to avoid the case of having your cake stuck in the middle and coming out broken*.
- For the frosting beat the butter first then add sugar and vanilla essence and beat.
- If you feel your buttercream is too thick add a tbsp of milk and if too thin add a little powdered sugar.That's it now go ahead and get creative with the icing..
- I divided my buttercream in three. One portion is the one I added maroon food coloring and used as the crumb coat. 2nd, I mixed in 2 tbsp of cocoa and the 3rd mixed in 1/2 tbsp of cocoa. About the difference in cocoa I wanted a marble kinda frosting and I actually achieved it if you pay a closer look on the cake..
- My cake transitions. The one with a maroon coat is the crumb coat. I preferred the colour maroon since it's almost that of the cake. Just used a little buttercream and added maroon food coloring. The food colour is optional..
Its soft, moist , spongy and has a superb crumb. In case you are skeptical about using whole wheat, you have got to try this. Melted dark chocolate topping [optional]- I melted some dark chocolate in a double boiler and spread it over the cooled cake. It takes about half an hour or so for the chocolate. This eggless chocolate cake is perfect for tea time, birthday , anniversary, christmas or special occassions.