Oatmeal Cake. In a small bowl, pour boiling water over oats. Add cooled oatmeal mixture, and stir to combine. Add eggs and blend in a large mixing bowl.
Add vanilla and oats mixture, blend well. Mix all icing ingredients,and spread on hot cake. Put under broiler for a few minutes til bubbly. You can have Oatmeal Cake using 19 ingredients and 0 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cake
- You need of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 cup of oatmeal.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sifted flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of half & half.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped nuts.
- Prepare of powder sugar.
Cream together the margarine, brown sugar, and sugar. Add flour mixture and mix in. Place oats and butter in bowl of an electric mixer. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Oatmeal Cake step by step
Add to the creamy mixture and stir until just combined. DO NOT REMOVE THE CAKE FROM THE PAN. First you'll add the boiling water to the oats and let them soak until the mixture cools. Then in a separate mixing bowl (or the bowl of an electric stand mixer) whip together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.